Why you can and should do your own marketing to find the right clients and grow your business
With the paradigm shift we have been facing in the last two decades, small and medium businesses are in a better than ever position to do their own marketing with minimal budget and tangible results.
In my presentation I would like to demystify marketing, tell the audience why there is no such thing as marketing for translators and share what I learned from sources and by practice in the field of content marketing, which appears to be relatively the easiest and most beneficial strategy of creating – in Seth Godin’s words – the smallest viable market and shifting your business in the direction you need.
I will do my best to answer the following questions:
- How marketing is changing and why it is no longer nasty, deceptive and mass-market-oriented?
- How to define your goal and a marketing promise?
- What is content marketing and how it differs for advertising and sales?
- Why SMBs can and should do their own content marketing?
- How to define your target audience?
- Where and how to use written word, video, audio, photographs, and live streaming?
- What media platform(s) should you choose?
- What formats and lengths of content are more “native” to a particular platform?
- How can we know it works (sharing some examples from our line of business)?
- Why consistency, patience ,planning, and relationship are key?
- What to do now and when (if at all) use external help?